Frozen fish dinners/ Datnoid food

critter_crazy

Anyone had much luck with these? Trying to convince Danny Datnoid to eat something other than bloodworms.

Would maybe defrosting them or cutting them up help? Using beef heart and prawn variety.

Any other food suggestions for Datnoids (4cm young)? He's in a tank with young Geos (5cm), a severum (12cm), featherfin (10cm) and a couple of kribs. Not fussed on his growing quickly, just want some variety. He does eat the occasional pellet but as most are is addicted to bloodworm. Gets live food every other week :)

Oh, also tried a few waxmoth larvae the other night for the sake of it. Everyone seemed keen until they tasted them - ALL spat them back out :slfg:

Once fish hooked into blood worm they won't let it go easy!!

Let his stomach go empty for a good couple day then drop some arow sticks in that might do the trick To be honest I hate bloodworm!! Shldnt feed bloodworm to fish on daily base, But even with arow stick they get addicted in it too.. Shld try some combination of pellets and prawn!

Agree with that, if he'll take pellets cut the meaty foods out all together until it is completely stuck on pellets as a staple diet, then start OCCASIONALLY offering things like prawn or that frozen meaty food if you want. I'd suggest the floating hikari sticks, I had a 2" pellet-eating dat nearly catch up [in size] to a prawn/meat-only eating dat that had about a good 6" head-start...

• 3 weeks later...

Having real trouble converting this little guy. Have ordered some hikari food from work so awaiting on that to arrive. In the mean time I began feeding only pellets but he literally starved himself for two weeks and refused to eat. When he started looking worse for wear I was forced to go back to bloodworms.

I was advised by a guy at HFF who has one to stuff prawns with the pellets in order to wean him onto them. So I went to the supermarket and got some small prawn/shrimp things and gave them a go before I began stuffing them. He won't even eat the prawns!! All the others tuck in but he's not interested in the slightest. I've purchased some Garlic Guard so will give that a go tomorrow - at this rate I'm loosing hope on getting him off the bloodworms. Help? :dunno:

• 1 year later...