Info on CO2 equipment.

Xander393

I've been ruining a two 2.25L bottle DIY CO2 system on my 200L tank for a couple weeks now. I'm trying to find out more information about getting a proper tank and regulator setup. However I'm not having much luck finding out information online. There plenty of overseas sites but can't really find anything for in NZ. Also was wondering if I got a tank how hard is it to get filled in the Auckland area.

Cheers.

To get a pressurised CO2 setup, you will need a CO2 tank and a regulator with solenoid. You can get 5lb CO2 tanks from HFF for around $200 I think. That is a pretty standard price. As far as filling, you can get them filled at Air Liquide for around $30 (lasts around 4-6 months).

You get what you pay for with regulators. They vary in price from $50 on up. Several shops have them and eBay also has them. Be sure to get one that is suitable for the power source if you get one overseas.

It would also be useful to have a steel one-way valve for the gas line so that water doesn't back up into the regulator when the gas goes off; as well as a drop counter (to count the amount of gas going in) and a drop checker (to see how much CO2 is dissolved in the tank water). These things aren't too costly if you shop around.