Fish behavior

Belgianbiscuit

I was in the shop earlier and looking at some blue Rams. One of them was rather beautiful and I was tempted to buy it but I noticed other fish were some what aggressive towards it. Actually one was particularly aggressive.

I noticed the belly was showing a lot of pink/red/purple which led me to believe it may be a female. Perhaps about to spawn?

Is there a reason why fish show aggressive behavior towards one individual? I see cats do it sometimes if the victim is unwell.

The fish also had a bit of damage to the anal fin. Is this something that comes right? I passed on it in the end as I was not sure what was going on and I do not want to see $30 worth floating in my tank :-)

cheers

I actually bought another Blue ram which is now in my tank with two Bolivians.

Initially they seemed happy together. One Bolivian is now acting aggressive towards blue ram.

The other Bolivian is a bit more passive.

About 5 minutes ago it seems the latter was locking lips with the blue ram. Next thing the blue ram knocks the Bolivian for six. Bolivian looked like Cameron during Tua fight!!

From what I read they can exist in same tank.

Is there aggressive behavior towards blue ram because he is alone?

I think my Bolivians are same sex.