Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fish behavior

Featured Replies

I was in the shop earlier and looking at some blue Rams. One of them was rather beautiful and I was tempted to buy it but I noticed other fish were some what aggressive towards it. Actually one was particularly aggressive.

I noticed the belly was showing a lot of pink/red/purple which led me to believe it may be a female. Perhaps about to spawn?

Is there a reason why fish show aggressive behavior towards one individual? I see cats do it sometimes if the victim is unwell.

The fish also had a bit of damage to the anal fin. Is this something that comes right? I passed on it in the end as I was not sure what was going on and I do not want to see $30 worth floating in my tank :-)

cheers

  • Author

I actually bought another Blue ram which is now in my tank with two Bolivians.

Initially they seemed happy together. One Bolivian is now acting aggressive towards blue ram.

The other Bolivian is a bit more passive.

About 5 minutes ago it seems the latter was locking lips with the blue ram. Next thing the blue ram knocks the Bolivian for six. Bolivian looked like Cameron during Tua fight!!

From what I read they can exist in same tank.

Is there aggressive behavior towards blue ram because he is alone?

I think my Bolivians are same sex.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.