Dwarf Puffer Food

DennisP

I am considering a few DPs however I have no access to a freezer so frozen bloodworms are out of the question.

I see from reading online that the average meal for a DP per day is about 2 or 3 bloodworms, so not that much at all which makes me wonder whether in a tank full of snails will the snails breed fast enough for the DPs not to wipe them out?

Also what are people's experiences with feeding dried food? Pellets and Daphnia/worms etc?

whether in a tank full of snails will the snails breed fast enough for the DPs not to wipe them out?

I've had Brazilian puffers, I think a total of 4, iirc. I believe that dwarf puffers are roughly similar in behavior and preferences. Only one would eat flake and dried food, the others would only eat frozen or fresh meaty foods. You'd probably need a large tank for the snails to breed faster than they're eaten. Imagine a bunch of little attack helicopters hovering and darting around slaughtering snails in a 24 hour/day bloodbath...