Blue ram spawn

antwan

Had these guys for a while now but have been feeding them mostly blackworms for the last week. They have done well and even held their own overnight against khuli's.

Pair

IMG_1521.jpg

Male

IMG_1534.jpg

IMG_1538.jpg

Female

IMG_1542.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

As always, pics don't do them justice, they look so much nicer in person.

Got some way better photo's last night when the tank lights were off. Using the flash showed off their colours that I normally see under the tank light, which the camera doesn't capture very well.

Eggs are still there too, a few have fungus but I can see little eyes in the rest of them!

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg

They can be a little hard if they are stressed, however I think they're relatively easy. Females always have a pink belly and that's how I judged these ones, also not as long dorsal and pelvic fins, however the latter is obviously not as easy as it could just be a young male.

The first pics where the colours aren't as nice are pretty much what they looked like in the shop (minus a bit of intensity) so the belly was still noticeable.

Eggs are now wrigglers :)

Awesome photos :bow:

Before you anwered the question on sexing, I kept going back and forth...back and forth...back and forth :nilly: between the males pics and females to see if I could tell the difference. But even with your explanation, still can't tell :dunno: Although I did notice the dorsal fin on the front higher on one and wondered if that was one way to tell, and I was right, right???? :oops:

Caper :P

Awesome photos :bow:

Before you anwered the question on sexing, I kept going back and forth...back and forth...back and forth :nilly: between the males pics and females to see if I could tell the difference. But even with your explanation, still can't tell :dunno: Although I did notice the dorsal fin on the front higher on one and wondered if that was one way to tell, and I was right, right???? :oops:

Caper :P

Bottom Pic:

Left Fish = Male

Right Fish = Female - Note the female reddish stomach coloring, and is a little smaller, (both tell tail signs)

Once you get use to the differences you can tell them a mile off...

The pink in on the females stomach on the second picture from the bottom is as clear as day. (fish on the left)

F

For me easy to sex from these pics when in breeding condition..... but i am talking unsexed fish in your LFS. Quite often lacking colour and sometimes fish that are immature....

Yeah they are normally pretty immature at LFS