Fraser's140L High Tech Planted Aquascape Build

FraserNZ

Hi Guys,

I have had this tank in the build for the last couple of weeks now a thought I may as well show you all what I'm up to and if anyone would like to share their opinions they are more than welcome to. My goal with this scape is to keep things very minimalistic, with only 3 or 4 different types of plants. Plants on the list so far are Glosso, narrow leaf java.

Tank Specs: 100cm x 40cm x35cm

Filtration: Fluval 305 and Fluval 205

Lighting: 4 x 36" T5's (2x Power Glo 2x Life Glo)

CO2: 3.5kg Bottle, UP Regulator (with solenoid on timer on/off with lights)

Heating: 300w Hydor inline heater

Substrate: Seachems Flourite Back, and Black Sand mix

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

The plan is to have the centre of the tank as the focal point keeping the rest of the tank pretty much bare. At the moment the tank does not have any water in it as I'm trying to get the glosso going emerged first so it can form a thick carpet before I add any water. According to Tom Barr, this method also doesn't require you to cycle the tank which will be handy!

I'm planing to add another bag of fluorite which I will be using to make a slope at the rear or the tank to adde more depth, I'm also thinking of adding some thiner branches to the center to give the scape more height.

Will try and keep this post updated as I go :)

Cheers,

PS, Sorry about the photos the tank is pretty dirty and photos where taken using a phone camera :smln:

Fraser

Cool, it'll be interesting seeing how the dry start method works out. I was thinking of doing the same when I rescaped recently, but I was too impatient :facepalm:

I like your hardscape - this tank's gonna look great :D

most of what you see there has been planted for just under 2 weeks and some of the plants are already starting to run. In saying that I have have had smiler success when growing it in water so not completely convinced. I'm going to give this a good go before before adding water so will be interesting to see.