Marlborough Tank & Pond Competition

Caryl

This weekend we are heading to Ashburton to judge our southern members' tanks. If anyone wishes to join us they would be most welcome. We leave from the Coronation Park Motel (and camping ground) at 10am. This is on the main Rd entering Ashburton from the north I believe.

We will have a BYO lunch at goldie's at Hakatere and a BYO BBQ tea later in the evening.

ALL WELCOME!!!!

The following weekend (26-27) we judge the Blenheim end. Limited billets available (and a family size tent) if anyone wants to visit. PM me. I am off shortly but will be back Sunday night. Might be able to access this site from our motel before that though.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we had a great fun competition held over 2 weekends. The first weekend we travelled south to Ashburton as we have several members there and they wanted to enter their tanks. Since they entered 18 tanks and 1 pond it was worth driving down :D

This weekend we held the Blenheim end of the competition with a further 10 tanks and 3 ponds - making a total of 28 tanks and 4 ponds! :bow:

If you go to

http://photobucket.com/albums/v490/Marl ... on%202005/

you will see the winners being presented with their rosettes, certificates, fish and/or trophies. You will also see 14 sub albums as tanks are split into household groups.

Several of the entrants had never attended a tank and pond competition, let alone entered one so well done to you all!

It was also good to have some visitors. Linda from CAPS was able to join us at the Ashburton end as was Eddie (who is also a member of our club) who managed to come up to Blenheim as well. We had a further 2 people interested in joining the club who joined us at the Blenheim end.

We all had a great time and ended both weekends with a friendly BBQ.

• 3 months later...