My 200l angel tank 2 large sponge filters ??

izone2240

hey guys just wondering if 2 large sponge filters will be ok for a month til i upgrade tops with daily 10-20 % water changes ?

im looking to breed what type should i start with i.e got my eyes on some veiltail marbles are they harder then say black or platinum's ? .....got a spere tank i can set up for angel parents/eggs Dureing breeding time.

was going to have some amazon swards in small terracotta pots so i dont need gravel what should they be filled with as lighting is average ??

could i keep with blue rams ?

Any help would be great

Personally I don't see why you couldn't run the tank permanently on two large sponge filters. They are good for breeding/small fry and I have had success with them keeping water in good condition. I guess it just means being careful not to overload the tank or overfeed.

If you start with a pair or if you have a number growing on they will get very protective when they decide to breed. I would keep the angels on their own and have another tank ready to remove the pair to if you have more than the one pair. Marble veiltails would be fine to start with. Remember that the genes are in pairs so you want to sort out what genes you have in the breeders so you know what you are going to get in offspring. Double blacks (two black genes) are week but the others are about the same as the marbles. The veiltales can have two genes as well.

I used to breed angels with one pair in a 600x300x300mm bare tank and hang a slate near the surface. When they spawn hatch them in a small tank with an airstone and only feed them when they are free swimming. Buy all the tanks you can afford because they will spawn every 10 to 14 days if you feed them well.

I am thinking that if you put other fish in a tank with breeding angels they will get munted. Set up a seperate tank for the breeding angels. I had a tank about that size where I put a cave each end and two pairs of kribs. The area between the two caves became the war zone.

They are dreaming. Those fish are rubish and I wouldn't breed from them. They have a mix of genes there and not ones you would want

No veil tail

One has a single striped gene and the other a single marble gene.

My guess is that they are a mixture from a normal, marble and blusher.

Get better ones than that and at a better price.

They are way better fish and very saleable. I developed them the hard way and bred the many years ago. They have a double blusher (stripeless) gene and a double gold gene. They will breed true and are good lookers when young ans sold. A better price and better fish.