Discus issues!

Jenf123

Hi everyone,

I'm new here looking for some advice if possible!

I have 5 discus had 6 but had a death in the community 4 months back due to my lack of knowledge :( anyway a few weeks after getting them 2 paired up, blue diamond female and yellow something... He is yellow all over and a bit orange on fins. Laid eggs on a weekly basis and ate them after a day or so. All was well we don't want to breed although the leopard corys have and we have a baby which is cute! But lately the eggs have stopped and the orange discus has been fighting with another discus in the tank. Now suddenly the orange one is all by himself an the blue one is hanging out with the one that was fighting with the orange one! Can they swap pairs?

Also the male who seems to have stolen "the girl" has an injury. He has a meaty fleshy part on his side where he was bitten :cry: he is still eating swimming etc and I'm treating with meladix and pimafix coz I'm not sure what's wrong. Is tree anything else I can do?

Sorry for the confusing explanations!!

Thanks in advance :)

Jen

they can definitely switch pairs. i had 21 in one tank once nd they would constantly switch.

trick is to add more or take out the culprit that attacks.

like any cichlids, once in a while you ge ta 'problem' fish.

just remove it