OMEGA ONE v NLS

snookie

and at no time did i think you were.

if pet food is available locally then it has been through the legal/certing processes (what ever that involves) and MAF can let it through if bought in from overseas. the result of that is we can bring it in & there is a great chance we don't have to get ripped off by stores. "shop smarter new zealand" :D

have been using omega1 for a couple of weeks, think it might be killing my tropheus, up the top it says vege flakes and talks about kelp and spirulina and at the bottom it says protein formula. which one is it? NLS and novarift are my favourites. but i am new to tropheus so it could be me

:dunno:

NLS and novorift is what i have used and recommend for tropheus.

thats what i had been feeding the ones i got of you, then i got some of this omega one flake and after feeding for a couple of weeks with the nls noticed stringy poos from the tropheus so stoped feeding, have lost 3 so far 1 looked really bloated the other2 did not. I doubt that the rest will survive which sucks coz they were happy as for the first month so i wouldnt recommend this food for tropheus, as all the other fish in the tank look great

I don’t want to start an argument here. But people overseas use Omega one successfully for Tropheus. If I could get hold of it I would feed it to mine

There are many things that trigger bloat and food is one of them. Stopping one food completely and giving them something completely different will trigger bloat.

Bloat is just a blockage in their digestive system ( to simply put it ). And since we don’t have clout or Metro in NZ its really hard to treat with other medications. I would recommend that you increase the water temperature upto 28 and then treat them with Salt 1 Table Spoon/40L . Do daily water changes of about 25% and top up the salt when adding new water. Do a complete gravel vac every time you change water. Do this for 7-10 days. If you see any redness or the conditions getting worse treat with Furan 2. Also don’t feed during this period.

I hope this works out for you.

I don’t want to start an argument here. But people overseas use Omega one successfully for Tropheus. If I could get hold of it I would feed it to mine

There are many things that trigger bloat and food is one of them. Stopping one food completely and giving them something completely different will trigger bloat.

Bloat is just a blockage in their digestive system ( to simply put it ). And since we don’t have clout or Metro in NZ its really hard to treat with other medications. I would recommend that you increase the water temperature upto 28 and then treat them with Salt 1 Table Spoon/40L . Do daily water changes of about 25% and top up the salt when adding new water. Do a complete gravel vac every time you change water. Do this for 7-10 days. If you see any redness or the conditions getting worse treat with Furan 2. Also don’t feed during this period.

isn't that the same for whitespot?

i have fed a range of foods to my trophs over the years including peas, sushi wrap and blood worms and never had an issue but i reduced it to just NLS and novo rift around 18 months ago i guess, still no issues so it works and i'm not game to try any other foods in case it turns pear shaped.

Hi there, i do weekly water changes, monitor my ph check temp daily, especially after adding new fish. I didnt just stop feeding my usual NLS and novarift and start just feeding the omega one, i just gave them a small pinch of the omega one flake at night as well as the trusty others. In All fairness i have a majorely mixed tank mainly malawi (not that this bothered the pemba they were bold as brass) with mostly mbuna but also fronts which i got after the tropheus. All i can put it down to is that food as tejhy spent the first month chasing each other round and grazing on the coral happy as larry then just went of there food and started dying. It sucks because they were colouring up so quickly and appeared to be in perfect health after 5 days feeding the omega one all turned to shit