Freese dried blood worm?

melrick1

Personally, I would say that frozen bloodworms are cheaper than freeze dried. Also, I reckon that frozen tastes better too (based on the fishes' reactions, not first-hand experience).

On another note, bloodworms don't have much nutritional value, so it would be better for you to train your eel to eat pellets or raw prawns. It would probably be more economical too.

Trust me I have tried feeding them prawn with no success and pellets are ignored. Iv even only given them that option for a week and they got skinney and slow.

I have had a little bit of success with prawn so will try again I think.

Thanks for the link, very good.

Trust me I have tried feeding them prawn with no success and pellets are ignored. Iv even only given them that option for a week and they got skinney and slow.

I have had a little bit of success with prawn so will try again I think.

Thanks for the link, very good.

PM Henward about his tips on getting eels to feed haha. He's got a monstrous eel, really cool fish.

Some things you can try are:

-Garlic Guard

-Soaking the prawns in bloodworms for a while before feeding (to acquire the same smell/ taste)

-Starving it for short periods at a time (if it doesn't work, feed bloodworms for a couple of days and try again)

Fish are like kids, continued exposure to new foods will help success rates.