Interesting find

Phillz

I just went with a neighour to visit her friend.....apparently she had some great looking guppies and some wild-type females she was wanting to sell.

The "great" looking guppies were not that great :roll: , so bypassed them to take a look at her "wild-type" guppies.....I think she may actually have Gambusia?

She said she got them from a shop up north somewhere (couldn't remember exactly where :roll: )

I got a few off her, so I could try to figure out exactly what they are....if the are Gambusia, they will be going in with the turtles!!!

This lady said that they have bred with her "fancy" male guppy before....would that be possible?

All of these fish had Gravid spots....could not spot one without a gravid spot....so I'm guessing that they are all females?

I'll try to tank a picture shortly :wink:

Here are some more pics taken today, I put them in with my other guppies so I could try to get some group shots...they are very shy :wink:

AWebaq4.jpg

AWebaq3.jpg

AWebaq2.jpg

These female have a much smaller tail...with no colouring.

The topline of their bodies are a different shape to my 2 other females aswell.

These are gambusia....what do ya think?

43.jpg

Gambusia20sexradiata20f.jpg

Well....the said "female Guppies" are now banned from my guppie tank...they had been pretty shy up until this afternoon.

They have been chasing and nipping at the others....even ganging up on my fav large female....so have put them in a holding tank untill I decide what to do with them.

Apparently the ladys son, goes down to the creek and gets fish for the tank? (not sure if this is true or not but not going to risk my fish!).

I only gave the lady $5 for the 3 fish.....might try and give them back and see what she says LOL!

Phillz, don't try to give them back, DO IT,

Make sure that they are no longer in this world tho,

as it is illegal to give, buy, donate, or any other such thing with these fish.

Unless they are dead of course

Inform her when you return the bodies that she is liable for a fine of $5000 plus, and/or a period in jail.

Don't ask for your $5 back, demand it, as she said they were guppies and they aren't. Fair trading act.

No loss to them as they removed them illegally from the water-way.

Hope they never brought any diseases into your tank of your fish.

Why weren't they q'd????

Never mind.

Go get Her Phillz.

Alan 104

OK....the fry went to the hungry angel 8) and the turtle thought the female were just awesome :wink: .

I rang the lady and asked if she got the fish from the river or a shop.....she said shop! I told her she had better report them for selling Gambusia as female guppies! And that they were liable for a huge fine and possibly even Jail time.......that got her going :D .

She got all flustered and said that she wasn't sure if they were the ones she got from the "shop" and that her son sometimes catches what she thought were guppies....(what a Fibber she is LMAO)

So I told her that it is illegal to give, buy, donate, or any other such thing with these fish. She said she would flush the fish down the loo....I said no and to make sure that they are dead....she is posting my money back to me too.

It's been a learning experience for sure!

Thanks for all you help people!