Late start heading south for the summer?

preacher

After all the heavy rain we've had up here in the Hutt Valley the last few days I went out a couple of nights ago to check on the pond to make sure it wasn't overflowing. The pond was very full, too murky and deep too see much so I turned around and discovered I was being stalked... by my big crayfish in the middle of the lawn. Naughty girl, back she went. Went out again tonight and there was another one! Just quietly strolling through the grass, didn't care a bit until I picked it up.

Adventerous little buggers arent they. Good thing I found them before the local hedgehog did, though I imagine they would give it a nip or 2 on its nose for its trouble.

P10702182.jpg

The fish all seem to be doing ok at the moment. I have 4 bullies (2 crans and 2 red fins) in an outdoor tank waiting to go into the pond. The reds do love hiding... I also have some fry around 2cm long which appear to be galaxxid in the bottom garden tub. Certainly not bullies and they don't look like trout. Time will tell :)

P.