Koura in berry!

preacher

Hey all, been a while since I was last on here. So busy at the hospital with moving into our new operating theatres. Anyhow, with the nice weather today I was able to get out and drain the pond to give it a bit of a clean up post winter. Not too much to do, cut back some dead reeds and do a stock take of my fish. 6 Goldfish, 8 Inanga (from 12cm - 7cm), 2 smallish bullies and about 7 or 8 Koura. Nice to see my big girl (about 15cm), haven't spotted a lot of Koura activity at night of late. Possibly because she's got eggs and lots of them! One of the smaller 9cm Crays was also in berry so someones been a busy boy :)

I believe thats the first time my Koura have bred in the pond.

Bullies spawning, Koura in berry, must be spring or something!

I'd be interested to see the younglings clinging to mum, apparently they are just like the adults, just in minature (reference Stella's book :cofn: )

Looking forward to the photos of the pond and occupants :thup:

• 1 month later...

Assuming they hatched, the eggs are certainly gone from under mum. I imagine they are hiding in the rocks and mud. Having said that I haven't drained the pond since I saw her in berry and with them being so small it would be hard to spot them. Plus theres about 10 crays in there who wouldn't mind a tasty little snack. I keep popping out every other night for a looksie though :)