Salvinis, where are they?

KM

Has anyone seen any salvinis available for sale in the last while? There were a few available a few years back when I was starting out with large cichlids.

I woule love to have a pair now, but I haven't seen any available for a long long time!

Can anyone help? :cry:

Yes as Alan says, there was at least one shipment come in from somewhere in the later half of last year. They seem to get snapped up pretty quick when they come in (I guess because as you say, before this it has been a couple of years since the last lot came in). They last place I saw some was in Wet pets in Palmy (they were hidden amoungst a whole heap of other baby cichlids so people may not have noticed them as much).

I checked up on the ones for sale at the LFS here in Hammy - they're $14.95 each - there's 4 or 5 left, largest is about 8cm - look to be a mix of sexes - including a pair that were looking like they were going to spawn for the first time.

Thanks Rob

I may need to check into the fish in Hamilton. Can you tell me what the LFS is called?

I went to Jansens in MT Eden on Saturday, and they were all gone. Wasn't to upset as I ended up buying three quite unusually coloured, long fin rams.

Hey they had some killifish (sorry, don't know anything about killi's but they were orange with red flecks) if anybody is interested. I didn't buy any as I don't know enough about them, but they were being sold as a package of 2 females to one males at $70 a pop!