Border collie a good idea?

smidey

I have a close friend who has a border collie. I'm not sure what kind of breeder it came from but it's a bit of an odd dog, quite docile, very active and playful, but is scared of sheep and other animals that aren't tinier than her :o. They really take well to learning tricks and such though. Her dogs knows all her toys by name, and a really good number of tricks. Considering how well and quickly they seem to learn, while I'm not sure what kind of physical exercise they need, they definitely need plenty of mental stimulation.

the training has been going ok, he is very good in some areas & a bit useless in others. he does the sit, come etc no problem but always pulls on his lead and hasn't grasped the heel training at all. The wet days have tried the patience of my wife as he has tried to get inside & after a day of rain was getting quite mischievous. he has learnt from a small burst with a shock collar not to harrass the chickens which they seem to have picked up on & are getting close to the house again although Jordee has started to drop his head and try to heard them with is great to watch.

• 2 weeks later...