new loach book in Auckland libraries

Sophia

Written by Loaches Online people, get em while they're hot.... Auckland ordered 3 copies, 1 is at my house already and 2 are still available for loan:

Loaches : natural history & aquarium care / managing editors, Mark Macdonald and Martin Thoene ; contributing editors, Robin Lynn ... [et al.]..

Summary "The popularity of loaches is on the rise as they become increasingly available at pet stores and aquarium shops, both large and small. Despite this surge in accessibility, they remain a relatively little-known group of freshwater fishes. Loaches is the first book of its kind to give extensive focus to this diverse family of aquarium fish. Experts from nine countries contribute their knowledge, experience, and photographs to this user-friendly guide. It delves into the natural history and husbandry of over 60 species of loaches, including the specialized brook and hillstream loaches, in both their natural and aquarium habitats. It also contains technical information on providing for the care of specialized loaches, including water chemistry and tank design, a comprehensive description of disease and treatment options, and descriptions of the first successful in-tank breeding of certain species. If you or someone you know is considering inviting loaches into your tropical aquarium, or if you own loaches but are in need of information to ensure proper care, Loaches provides expert information and guidance to one of the world's most popular types of aquarium fish."--Publisher description.

:bounce:

I enjoyed reading about your chain loaches in your other thread. Do you think think a few of these guys will get on fine with some Sterbai, bronze and albino corydoras along with some platies and sword tails in my baby tank? I've also got WAY too many darn snails in this tank LOL but mainly love both corys and loaches. Fish are so addictive :)

I picked up the copy I had received from the library yesterday and read it last night from start to finish LOL. Reminded me of why I love my loaches, they are so cute and have such character! At the moment I have 2 kubatai, 2 histrionic and 3 striata. When the opportunity arises I'm going to add some chain loaches too!

Definitely recommend the book, it's written in a great, easy to read and entertaining book!