Is this good ?

reptilez

salt is one of the most important things about keeping a marine tank you shouldnt skimp on quality as the salt can make all the difference between a happy healthy tank and a tank thats hard to maintain and keep stable and full of algae ive never heard of that brand of salt id also steer clear of aqua 1 salt i use marinium salt and have used red sea before .

salt is one of the most important things about keeping a marine tank you shouldnt skimp on quality as the salt can make all the difference between a happy healthy tank and a tank thats hard to maintain and keep stable and full of algae ive never heard of that brand of salt id also steer clear of aqua 1 salt i use marinium salt and have used red sea before .

what is wrong with the Aqua One Salt ? how much is marinium ? and where from ?

thanks matthew

yep thats the one its cheap but its good stuff plenty of people on here use it the aqua 1 salt is nasty it takes ages to mix up and my corals never liked it when i tried it its just one of those things not all salts are created equally there is a lot of research that goes into them also sourcing premium ingredients to make them as you dont want contaminants like silica or heavy metal in there

normally get a big bucket and follow instructions might say 1kg for litres so scale it down to the size container you are making it in

then tip the salt in (ideally use RODI water) with the water then you agitate it for up to 24hrs i wouldnt do it for any less than 4hrs but 2hrs as a general rule. you can just use a small pump to do this but point it at the bottom to stir up the harder to dissolve bits remaining. you can heat it with a spare aquarium heater if you want (some people dont bother due to bad experiences with heaters in buckets or just that ta bucket of cold water isnt going to change the temp much coz there tank is so big) but be aware using a hydrometer your reading wont be correct until the water is about 24 deg.

the purpose of the agitation is to make sure all the salt is completely mixed as some ingredients take a while to dissolve and all time to let the water achieve an ionic balance and acceptable levels of dissolved O2

normally get a big bucket and follow instructions might say 1kg for litres so scale it down to the size container you are making it in

then tip the salt in (ideally use RODI water) with the water then you agitate it for up to 24hrs i wouldnt do it for any less than 4hrs but 2hrs as a general rule. you can just use a small pump to do this but point it at the bottom to stir up the harder to dissolve bits remaining. you can heat it with a spare aquarium heater if you want (some people dont bother due to bad experiences with heaters in buckets or just that ta bucket of cold water isnt going to change the temp much coz there tank is so big) but be aware using a hydrometer your reading wont be correct until the water is about 24 deg.

the purpose of the agitation is to make sure all the salt is completely mixed as some ingredients take a while to dissolve and all time to let the water achieve an ionic balance and acceptable levels of dissolved O2

ok thanks heaps...do you need to use a pum or can you just stir it ?

Thanks heaps :bow: Matthew

this brand of sea salt seems to be the cheapest..is it good ? http://www.trademe.co.nz/Pets-animals/Fish/Other/auction-393405895.htm

ohh yeah i bought a 3 foot marine tank with a electric blue damsel,mushroom coral etc :thup:

thanks Matthew

This salt is good. We use it for our acropora tanks and corals are doing great. The price is so cheap because we import it our self and keep this price to help hobbyists who are on a budget, just because we can. . The price is nothing to do with a quality.

You are more than welcome to come and have a look at the results at Aquaworld.

Good luck with your tank.

thank you.

This salt is good. We use it for our acropora tanks and corals are doing great. The price is so cheap because we import it our self and keep this price to help hobbyists who are on a budget, just because we can. . The price is nothing to do with a quality.

You are more than welcome to come and have a look at the results at Aquaworld.

Good luck with your tank.

thank you.

yes aquaworlds tanks are very very good cheaps aswell :D i ge all my marine needs their :D great shop great prices great people