fluval e series heaters. who has used it?

henward

i have one an e300 works ok cant say its better or worse than a jager its a bit smaller than a jager and looks cool its main point is it that it is micro-processor controlled and takes a measurement from the glass of the unit rather than the air inside the unit(like a thermostatically controlled one) it has no thermostat to crap out but is susceptible to power surges as i found out :facepalm: . i think the jager rating of 1000l is for a tank in a room with an ambient temperature of 22 deg i doubt the e300 would do that but for our purposes in nz a jager wont either .

Henwad, considering how heavily your fish room is insulated, I highly doubt if the rated power difference between the Jager and the Fluval will be noticed. With good water turnover and ambient temperature that as close to the tank temperature as possible, I think that paying more (I'm assuming) for the Jager is not worth it.

Jagers have a more efficient coil which allows them to heat more water than other heaters for less wattage. :thup:

OK, that's a game changer then! :-? I guess in the long run the money saved on heating cost will outweigh the initial extra cost of the Jager.. :dunno:

my problem i believe is just my changer, i have turned it down as mys tocking has dropped dramatically, its got no issues.

when the other 1200L is gone from the system, i will move from 4 to 3 300w jagers.

thats ok, problem soslveD:

mind you, the fluval looks fricking awesome though!

Really?? Wow.. I always thought that Eheim would be more expensive than Fluval! Live and learn.. :sage:

Your not comparing apples with apples, the M series Fluval would be the same as the Jagar. The E series has electronic temperature control, where as the Jager has the metal strips and contacts that are less inaccurate and can jam on.