Crypt melt

Sophia

So here I was thinking what this site is missing are some good photos of what not to do to your crypts. Some people might not know what crypt melt looks like, so here it is. This is what happened after a gentle gravel vac on Sunday. They are doing a little self-spring cleaning.... :facepalm: looks like naked tank for me for a few weeks. :roll:

I did actually keep some bigger photos in case anyone wants to put them in a database somewhere.

cryptmelt1.jpg

cryptmelt2.jpg

cryptmelt3.jpg

cryptmelt4.jpg

What the.. :o

How does that happen?

Crypts are fussy, don't like their toes being stepped on. I think they can do it if you change the lighting too. Mine do it if I disturb the substrate to move them and usually anywhere from days after planting to a month after planting while they adjust to a new setting. Sometimes just a leaf will disappear, this is a big melt for me though. I have just sucked all the debris up and it's quite naked &c:ry . I didn't think a tiny vac would do it, maybe I should plant them even deeper? Oh well.

Will send you the pics Simon, you can make a collage of melts.... or maybe we can call it Crypt Renaissance :D