new tank

oO SKIPPY Oo

After many months of procrastinating I have finally finished a background for a tank i setup at work this weekend - the planting leaves a lot to be desired but as more come available from my other tanks at home i will plant out some more. The rock wall at the back is just over half the back wall so I had room for the heater and filter intake pipe which will hopefully be covered up by twisted val etc in a few months time. The wall has a few hole that join together with a bit of a cave from the left hand side so the fish have somewhere they can hide if required. :)

work_tank.jpg

excuse the image quality as the pic was taken from my phone

Thanks everyone.

I used a teaspoon to get the contours and tunnels etc and then used a heat gun to melt the poly to make it a bit harder and less likely to fall apart as i handled it. The last coat of concrete I mixed in some black oxide to get the color and then 2 coats of expoxy resin to seal it all up.

I think it looks bluer than it actually is because of the phone so i might try and get some better pics with a camera tomorrow.

• 1 month later...