Hybrid frogs?

Has anyone seen Litoria aurea with bumps on the skin before? or any hybrid looking frogs for that matter?

I have seen slightly raised bumbs/markings on L. aurea in the past, but the frog below has more than any I've seen before...more raniformis like. Maybe just part of the mutation but :dunno:

albs1.jpg

Next time get him/her to sit still when you put your tattoo on so that it is straight

might be due to ambiant humidity? causing skin to dry therefore look raised

or is it like this all the time?

Some animals that lack pigiment also have different skin textures so it could be pigment related?

Nav

:D

pretty sure it has bumps all the time as ive noticed this a couple of times when it was younger. then again that could be just dehydrated :dunno:

he does sort of look shrivled up in that pic lol

i would check but i sent him on a holiday recently.

just been looking back at some old pics.

albs.jpg

thats a wild caught male - he has slight bumps. cant check him either - no longer kept here :x .

my young southern bells dont have much gold or lumps but do always have the central stripe, whitch your hybrid does not. it doesnt help that its an albino as far as identification goes, hard to see if its southern bell gold or bell gold.

is it one you have breed? if so wot do mum n dad look like? if its a male it might have a hybrid croak too?!

my southern bells tend to be smoother when full dry and sunbathing, and lumpiest when cold or hiding, and when darkest (almost black).

have you tried it on a lighter back ground? maby its trying to go dark and thats the best it can do.

im curious to see how it goes

malcolm

MalcolmX - Not sure if these are actually hybrids. just interesting observations for now ...

the bumpy albino is from split bred to albino.

example of splits in pic below, then pair up top is a wild caught male and my original albino female and is where the splits come from - sorry

pics give an idea but not great. the aurea vary so much depending on environment, mood ... so on

some aurea pics.

albino and a split

mm-1.jpg

wild caught male (possibly same frog as paired up above)

IMG_3850.jpg

last two are splits.

IMG_5942.jpg

southern bells i had in the past were distinctively different.

this is a raniformis i use to have.

IMG_3458.jpg

• 2 weeks later...