Myriophyllum Propinquum

Hi all,

I am in need of some help finding sites were Myriphyllum Propinquum grows naturally in the Auckland/Rodney District.

Currently I am conducting research on Myriophyllum Propinquum's ability to assimlated nitrogen and phosphorus from the water quality in an attempt to recommend as a biological water quality control method for Van Dammes Lagoon in Tamaki.

If anyone has seen this gorgeous native plant in a stream or river in the Auckland/Rodney district could you please send me a PM or a post so that I may come look at it's habitat and take a few cuttings for some lab experiments.

I would be ever so grateful :hail: to anyone who helps and am more than happy to show my results and hopefully published paper at the end.

Note: Please be careful not to mix the native Myriophyllum up with the invasive parrots feather which looks very similar. If you need up identifying the species let me know.

Cheers

If you have time to scour a creek then have a look in Meola Creek. Starting behind the Zoo it meanders through a reserve called Jaggers Bush before going to the sea and there are all sorts of weeds and plants growing in and alongside. I found some endangered moss in there but to be honest I don't remember seeing anything with yellow colouration like what you are looking for. Then again I only went to the part nearest the carpark and wasn't looking for anything specific.