Cloudy eye and can fish be re-introduced to pond

NewKiwi1

Hello. One of my pond fancy goldfish went "missing" in the pond for about three weeks. When he finally re-appeared his eyes especially as well as parts of his body were covered in thick white mucus/slime. I immediately removed him to a hospital tank and treated him + the pond with Melafix and Pimafix. The fish remaining in the pond were and stayed fine but the sick fish didn't get better after 3-4 days. I then switched to Furan-2 which quickly cleared the mucus although the eyes remained cloudy, so I went one to a second course of Furan-2 + a bit more. I have now finished 10 days of the Furan-2 treatment. One eye is clear but fixed, the other is still half clouded over. No white slime remains and the fish is swimming normally although I think he might be blind. My question is, is it now safe to reintroduce him to the pond? And if he is indeed blind, can he survive? I am new to this forum, thank you very much for any advice.

If one eye is clear he may only be blind in one eye. I think he might do OK back in the pond but if not, he should be easy to catch again. Fish seem to adapt to lack of eyesight in one eye but he may suffer from lack of food if totally blind.

I have put the fish back in the pond and he seems to be doing quite well. Also contrary to what I thought (and cloudiness remaining in one eye) he is obviosuly not blind as he was diving for sinking food. Would you happen to have any advice re my other post on orandas in ponds in winter? (Also in Coldwater section). Thank you again.