Cloudy eye and re-introducing fish to pond after treatment

NewKiwi1

Hello. One of my pond fancy goldfish went "missing" in the pond for about three weeks. When he finally re-appeared his eyes especially as well as parts of his body were covered in thick white mucus/slime. I immediately removed him to a hospital tank and treated him + the pond with Melafix and Pimafix. The fish remaining in the pond were and stayed fine but the sick fish didn't get better after 3-4 days. I then switched to Furan-2 which quickly cleared the mucus although the eyes remained cloudy, so I went one to a second course of Furan-2 + a bit more. I have now finished 10 days of the Furan-2 treatment. One eye is clear but fixed, the other is still half clouded over. No white slime remains and the fish is swimming normally although I think he might be blind. My question is, is it now safe to reintroduce him to the pond? And if he is indeed blind, can he survive? I am new to this forum, thank you very much for any advice.

I answered this in the coldwater section. Please post a question only once in one thread although it can be hard to decide, in some cases, which section would be best (ie whether to put this in coldwater or disease). Thank you.

Thanks and sorry. As I mentioned I am new to this forum (as well as to fish ponds - I've "inherited" this one at the property where I am currently living) and it is indeed difficult at first to know where exactly to post messages. But thanks again for the advice.