Veiltail German Blue Ram

Joutei

Hey guys , just purchased a Veiltail German blue ram today from Hollywood Fish Farm.

Just wanted to ask the forum how to properly care for the ram. I used to own a german blue ram, but sadly it passed on.

Alot of you had told me that the rams sometimes just pass on for no reason. I just dont want to take any chances though this time, so im making sure i do everything correctly. Just wanted tips on caring for the ram, any methods and previous experiences with rams.

All input is appreciated

Cheers Ron

Things that might help:

-Mature tank

-Good diet

-clean fresh water/ weekly water change

-Suitable water chemistry

-Suitable tank mates

-Consistant temperature (26-28 degrees, don't let it get too high or to low)

Most of the stuff i have read is about having a mature tank for rams

I've kept a pair of GBR's before and have had good results with them breeding, though I never got them to adult stage.

I kept them at around 28 degrees and definitely wouldn't keep them in temps lower than 26 degrees. They lived in a matured fully planted tank with lots of places for them to explore and hide. If you keep more than one, there will almost always be aggression, but it never goes very far. The dominant male will usually be the brightest coloured.

I fed mine a variety of tetra colour bits, flakes and blood worms.

Have fun! They're a very smart and personal fish :)