Snake Neck Turtles

jc254

Well my turtles made it onto the plane safely and are now loving there upgrade from a 60 liter to a 300 liter tank they are using every bit of the tank. I have a 300watt sera heater and a sera reptile bulb.

I have just purchased a Aqua One Max 104 F at 2000 L/PH but what would you fill the filter with? Just foam as its not really biological filtration that I need as a i do weekly water changes.

Well my turtles made it onto the plane safely and are now loving there upgrade from a 60 liter to a 300 liter tank they are using every bit of the tank. I have a 300watt sera heater and a sera reptile bulb.

I have just purchased a Aqua One Max 104 F at 2000 L/PH but what would you fill the filter with? Just foam as its not really biological filtration that I need as a i do weekly water changes.

Do you do 100% water changes weekly? I'd put some bio media in there to catch what you don't know is there - it might do nothing or it might save a life.

Also with the ELNs they need their reptile light across the basking log/area and water. Apparently they tend to 'float' at the water surface and catch UVB rays there and tend to bask less then the RES. They are also much better on a log out of the water rather than the usual glass basking area. :) They also need LOTS of live food...not pellets or blood worms, but plenty of feeder fish, worms, insects, moths, water snails etc etc and hot house turtle food .

i feed them hot house turtle food and the occasional bug when i can catch them.

the reptile bulb goes across the water as i have observed that the love to float on the surface.

I am just waiting on the filter to arrive, i hope it comes on Saturday but we shall see