Hello there

cuviceps

Hi our names are Damon & Pamlea Flett. We live in Hamilton and have been keeping fish for 5 years now.

We currently have a 4 foot display tank with 10 discus, 2 oto's and 2 whiptails in it. I personallly find it a challenge to try and get any type of fish to breed. It has taken us 4 years to actually get guppies & platy's to breed(or stay alive for that matter) due to bore water problems.

We have 7 x 2 foot tanks, 2 x 2.5 foot, 1 x 3 foot and 1 x 1 foot tank/s in the garage. These are for attempting to breed fish and raise fry up to sell to support food, more fish and ELECTRICITY.

Our main interests in fish are Rainbows, Dwarf cichlids and Catfish.

We have registered 27 species of fish & obviously are working on more with the warmer weather coming on.

I am the breeding co-ordinator for the Waikato club which is cool as I get to see all the new breedings that the club members have achieved and hopefully gleam info. as to how they accomplished it. We were also lucky enough to be awarded the FNZAS breeding trophy for last year.

We both work in graden centres & enjoy spending time with our 3 year old daughter, Sarah.

Anyway thats enough from us.

Cheers Damon & Pamela.

Hi there, brought the missus along at last... Great post Damon, and welcome Pamlea.

You say:

It has taken us 4 years to actually get guppies & platy's to breed(or stay alive for that matter) due to bore water problems.

If you are having water probs why not collect rain water from your roof. You can harden/soften it as need be and it's got to be better than bore water if you filter it well.

I'm on tank water and can't abide to even drink city water.

Best of luck with the breeding program, and I hope the summer brings you lotsa babies :):) (Fish that is he he)

Bill (Pegasus)