Tadpoles shrinking? Confused!

Tezza D

Ok, I got my 5 tadpoles from a pond several weeks ago (13th of December to be exact), 2 of which were smaller than the other three. Now the bigger 3 have grown more, but the 2 smaller ones haven't grown AT ALL!!! Plus, one of the 3 bigger ones actually looks like he's shrunk over the last 2-3 weeks! Weird! Can this happen, or am I probably just imagining it? And any ideas as to why the other two haven't grown at all? No idea what water temp is as I don't have a thermometer to check it, so maybe it's the water temp? They're all eating fine and healthy otherwise. Only one of the bigger 3 taddies (the biggest) has actually started to morph... just both his back legs so far. Woulda thought they'd all be nice big taddies and all morphing/morphed by now! So confused!

Any advice appreciated. TIA! :hail:

when tadpoles morph into frogs the body does shrink, tail is absorbed and legs grow over time, ive had huge tadpoles which all almost halved in sized once morphed,

But the one who seems to have shrunk, is still not showing any other signs of morphing. no leg buds trying to push through or anything.