What is zeovit

dan_from_nz

It's both, The bacteria that is added is used by the corals as a food as well has been able to help drop nitrates and phoshates. The zeovit is a filtering media that absorbs ammonia directly stopping the process that ends in nitrates.

The zeofood that is added is a food also for the corals as it contains amminio acids and vitimins. It also gives a food for the zeobac (teria) that is added ( see above) to help multiply the bacteria that either is eaten by the corals or absorbs phosphates and nitrates and then is skimmed out by protein skimmers.

By doing this, nutrients are removed so much ,that the sps corals are given water conditions similar to on the reef and they resort back to their normal colours.

Have a look at this site as it has a lot of awesome pictures as well as info.

www.captiveoceans.com

Brendan

Cheers, sory I moved it to another post just incase the others dont want to stray off their subject

I have softies in my tank also with no negative or really positive effects. softies don't have the potential to colour up like the sps corals but lots of my clients have only softies and LPS corals. They use it because they love the crystal clear water and hardly any window cleaning in the tanks.

(you no longer get problem algae when using zeovit)

Brendan

Yes, corraline still grows as this is a calcium based algae. It's best in new setups as it gets on top of the nutrients straight from the start before the live rock starts sucking it up.

Cyno, not so sure as i never really have had this problem, but cyno is a natural occurance on the reef so is not a major problem. I have seen it quite often will diving in Fiji :)

Brendan