ZEOVIT

jetskisteve

We argued over this before, glad you have realised now.

Where? I don't recall.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no

Name sometime when phosphate is really limiting in a tank?

But they need phosphate

What for?

You still don't see the full story

What's the full story then?

a drop big enough to be of catastrophic consequence

would 75% drop over a day be enough, maybe 99.99% ?

correct but not the full story

Again, what's the full story?

some irony in that remark Layton

Where?

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to properly answer the questions you raised, I'd have to do a lot of writting, and also find references to back the case.

I cannot be bothered, because frankly, these questions have pretty much been done to death already, and I am surprised you are still raising them.

An example is this :-

Name sometime when phosphate is really limiting in a tank?

You mean you still don't know?

Why then do people have macro algae refugiums to remove it & control nuisance algae in the tank?

Quote - "Phosphate can also be a limiting nutrient for algae growth." - Randy Holmes Farley

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-11/rhf/

I rest my case.

And, I keep forgetting I said this

I will try to refrain from arguing over stupidities.

What sort of problems could it cause on Fays tank.??First there is no real scientific proof that phosphate removers cause problems when using with zeovit and she cant get RTN as she does not have any SPS coral

I don't know what problems it may cause. I just believe manufacturers recommendations should be followed. However, in Fays case, with the ongoing problem, plus no sps, and Brendan has OK'ed it, guess it may be worth a shot.

I'll add that it's great to see the results reported thus far. Seems rust has it's uses :wink:

Well to properly answer the questions you raised, I'd have to do a lot of writting, and also find references to back the case.

I didn't ask you to prove it, give me an explaination, and I'll try and prove it to myself.

I cannot be bothered, because frankly, these questions have pretty much been done to death already, and I am surprised you are still raising them.

An example is this :-

You mean you still don't know?

Why then do people have macro algae refugiums to remove it & control nuisance algae in the tank?

How do you know it's phosphate which is limiting, and not something else?

Quote - "Phosphate can also be a limiting nutrient for algae growth." - Randy Holmes Farley

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-11/rhf/

I rest my case.

That's "CAN" be true, for algae "GROWTH", but can you achieve this consistently and easily in an aquarium?

This has absolutely nothing to do with your theory of zooxanthellae being expelled due to a rapid drop in nutrients. It means that growth may be stunted.

And, I keep forgetting I said this

Well, stop to think about what you are saying then.