Malawi chichlids to go with senegal birchir

herperjosh

The birchir is carnivourus and is fine with fish that cant fit in its mouth. Yeah i hear ssome birchirs are in lake malwai i have seen peoe on you tube keeping birchirs with malawi chichlids i will give a go at keeping them together iy wont hurt to try heck i have a convict in a comunity tank with no troubles :o

the main problem i see here is the sen eats meaty foods and malawis are vegie eaters you'll run the risk of the cichlids getting bloat

some malawis are omnivorous like red zebras, e yellows & greshakei. it won't be hard to get a group of them plus add carnivores like fryeri, giraffes or peacocks if you want to feed a meaty diet. just check their profiles on the cichlid forum for any others you m ay want to add. feed a variety to keep them healthy as a meat only diet may make them bloat. Ultimately it will be the size of the tank that dictates the fish kept in it i think.

http://cichlid-forum.com/profiles/index.php

I have identified some of the fish:

1x electric yellow

1x red empress i think its around 8 cm still got young/female colours

There are some others abd a decent size one that is blue with black stripes and has 3 yellow egg lime thing on bottom fi. Near tale and some small bluey puple ones.

I checked and most are omnivours.

the empress is a herbivore & from your description is a female, they generally colour up around 5cm. In saying that, all africans will eat what is available in the tank. whether it is good for them in the long run is another story that often only time will tell.

the empress is a herbivore & from your description is a female, they generally colour up around 5cm. In saying that, all africans will eat what is available in the tank. whether it is good for them in the long run is another story that often only time will tell.

Cool i will hand feed the birchir all the chichlids are eating flakes at my work we tried to give them special tetra colour chichlid sticks but the wouldnt eat thrm they would only eat flakes

I wouldnt bank on hand feeding a bichir. They can be reclusive.

i couldnt hand feed mine either i tried but it he wouldnt go near my hand i used sinking pellets or floating pellets that he gorged himself on i found i had to feed the cichlids flake first for the birchir to have a chance of getting food though