Complete Fish Food?

Funkytown

Hello again.

Here's a Noobie Q for ya.

Is most tropical flake food a complete diet for most fish, or does it need to be suplimented with other stuff? Are some brands better than others?

Will my livebearers get mad cow disease by eating their offspring? :lol:

Thanks,

Brian

Your livebearers will not get mad cow disease or any disease for that matter from there fry. Flake is sufficient to keep life in the tank, if you really want to keep them healthy, get live foods, such as daphnia, white worms, microworms and Brine shrimp. Also frosen foods such as bloodworms are good. The above food will get your fish into breeding condition and keep them very happy and healthy.

Shae

the most important thing about feeding is variety I know my fish are paticually happy when I give them a different food to what they have been having, so now I always have three of four foods and feed them different each day I also only buy the primium foods now as I was told less crap goes into them less crap goes into your tank. I also only feed live foods on occasion as I have read that there are extra added vitamins in the fish foods (but that was written by the fish food manafacturers so I can't say it isn't just a little biassed)