My two tanks

cliffy

Nice layout, but I am really against the tacky ornaments :-? . You can get much nicer replacements - rocks and bogwood, and they come in all different shapes and sizes. I'm sure you can find something that will look great :D .

Any plastic plants should go too. :D

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Ah mint, nearly got one of those for my girlfriend but she wasn't too keen on the lid. Managed to find a cheap vision 180 for her with cichlids, been really happy with the internal filter in that. Must have been wrong about the gravel, got mine down here in chch from a guy off trademe. Ever thought of going live plants? You'd prob get some really away with some nice swords in the lighting and height of the tank there. Just set up a planted tank myself, great fun.

Yes it's been great fun I started of with a plain glass tank then got the juwel tank for a bargain i could not believe so i sold the glass one and brought another juwel and loving it. yer thought about going live plants we will see .

Ps welcome by the way

just think, you could turn the lounge into a fish room... kinda what happened here for a bit. :D

must admit, I really like the vision range from juwel, with the tinted glass and bow front. My next tank (when I inherit millions, hopefully one day :wink: ) will be a vision 260 with extra lighting, co2 and breeding fish all over the place :D

and you're right, two tanks is really nice to look at, can never get bored that way

While some don't like ornaments in a tank, I think they look alright in this case because there are lots of them. When it is the obvious theme, it fits together and you can see a little picture. When there is only 1 of this and that it can look random and not so good.

I had a book from the library about decorating fish tanks and there were all sort of unnatural creations, but when arranged carefully and with a definite theme, you could see what they were trying to achieve.