minted peas and other diet related questions

BikBok

PEAS: I've run out of plain peas and only have the minted ones in the freezer. Are these OK to give to my fish?

I fast my fish once a week and them give them peas for their next meal. so their gut gets a good clean out.

DINE CAT FOOD: I was feeding my cats tonight and thought the whole whitebait looked like a tasty treat for the fish , perhaps even the spiny eel who is proving fussy.

The ingredients are tuna, whitebait, gelling agents. then it said "No colours, flavours or preservatives " would it be safe to feed to the fish?

EEL: what else besides frozen bloodworms can I try the eel on .. he has turned up his nose (albeit a cute wiggly nose) to shrimp pellets and sinking tablets. Would he take tiny bits of fresh meat that I could cut off our evening meal? He is a half banded spiny eel. Will eventually put some mollies in with him so they can give him some live food lol. Mind you, he has so far ignored the young guppies in with him so may not need the mollies after all.

I am sure they will enjoy the added taste of mint and will have fresher breath. I only buy minted peas so my fish don't get plain ones :wink:

I think the cat food would be ok as an occasional treat but the ratio of ingredients is different for cats than for fish so it is not as nutritionally good for them. It won't harm them but be careful as it may foul the water. If it is oily it may create a film on the surface so watch for that or make sure you have plenty of surface agitation.

I have never kept an eel so I do not know what they eat. I doubt meat from your dinner would harm it. Have you tried earthworms?

I don’t think any animal, humans included, should have to suffer minted peas, mint sauce, mint garlic yoghurt, minted lamb or any other minted. It should be a cruelty issue. :-?

With the exception of peppermint chocolate and curiously strong mints :P

Tiger worms should be ok, I have fed them to discus before in small numbers but they need a wash to remove the yellow ooze that comes out. Normal red or grey worms are more likely to be eaten, put a wet towel on a dry lawn overnight to catch them.

I am the opposite to you Bilbo, I like all that other mint stuff but loathe mint chocolate, strong mints and mint flavoured toothpaste :lol:

It rained here heavily overnight (AGAIN) and my walk this morning included trying to dodge all the drying worms spread over the footpath :-?