Food preferences for fancy goldfish?

jn

Hi everyone,

I've got some black moors and am just wondering what food people prefer for their 'fancy' goldfish. I know they can have trouble with swimbladder issues and it seems sinking foods are best, the options seem a little limited though (and I dont need stuff with orange coloring for black fish!). And boy their eyesight is REALLY bad. no way they see the things floating down in the water, so they must be going by 'smell'

Do you guys have any favourites? Is feeding peas good too? If so how often?

I've currently got Wardley's sinking granules, but the granules are a little small and I think some of them are getting 'lost' in the gravel once they reach the bottom!

I have a munter fantail who is even more useless than the blackmoore I used to have (RIP) with food, and I just got some Nutrafin Max sinking pellets and they are great. My slow, half-blind fish both notices and catches them, and they don't sink way too fast like the other pellets I've used.

I also feed the Tetrafin golfish crisps (which were easier for my old blackmoore to notice and eat), flakes with spirulina and freeze-dried brine daphnia (mostly for the leopardfish) for variety. I think peas are a good idea but I've always been too lazy. :oops:

Good luck with 'em. :)