would a 200lph-570lph be over kill for a 60l tank?

Matto

i have a tank with a pair of lumpheads and i want a better filter for them, i have found a ehiem 2012 but i am worried that it might suck up fry and be a big disturbance for them what are your thoughts?

thanks matt

Lumpheads come from fast flowing rivers so it should be fine.. The only issue would be the fry getting sucked up, I would say they will be at the greatest risk when young so would make sure the area around the filter was open space so they wont lay and have young wrigglers sitting right next to the filter. Apart from that you would just have to set it up and see what happens.

i have one of those filters, its great, it has 3 seperate, large inlets so the suction is not huge. have it set to the lowest setting (it's pretty variable) and leave space around the filter (ie dont put it right in the corner). and it should be fine. It also have a large output so you don't get a jet of high speed water like some filters i could mention...