I need some information please on discus fish...

caroldaisy3

120L 2 discus would be fine. Except 2 discus can be dodgy if they don't get along easily. If 1 is more agressive then there is nowhere for it to vent its aggression except to the other discus which could end badly. More is always better.

Discus and neons are fine together. Not sure about barbs. Could be a bit nippy?

The only real way you could be sure that they will get along is if they had been living (in the same sized tank as you have) together for their whole lives and got along, or buy 2 that have paired off. Buying 2 youngsters wont guarantee anything as the aggression issues will start when they mature.

Discus and neons get along ok, but neons don't last very long at the higher temps that discus prefer, neons these days don't seem to last very long anyway but they do worse at higher temps, barbs are not known for being fans of high temps either.

You are likely to have the same aggression issues between 2 angels as well unless they are a pair then they will be agro to everyone else.. Angels also get big enough to eat neons.

looks like the golden barbs are really only good for 24 degrees - http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/barbs/goldbarb.php - so they may not last very long at the 30 odd degrees you need for discus - as mentioned by phoenix44 get a good sized shoal of cardinals and have the discus.

Pheonix44 is there anything that CarolDaisy3 needs to know about discuss - shes newish to fish keeping :) i built a stand for her new 128L tank so she will be upgrading from a jebo 38L shortly

I have 3 discus. 2 of them form a pair, and the males occasionally stand off. nothing I would be worried about.

Unfortunately with this fish, the cheapest way is not an option. Your best bet would be to get a group and then thin out numbers based on individual personalities, and 120L generally confines you to having only 1 or 2 as they mature.

Apart from that, they like good quality water and are much much hardier than most are willing to give them credit for. If you are newish to keeping fish, get larger fish and not small ones.