Water Movement

Fay

I use for my fresh water tanks always a cirulation from about 2-3 times the ammount of water what is in the tank.

for example if my tank is 500 liter I will use a circulation between 1000 and 1500 liter per hour.

Grtz,

Bas

Fresh water<> thanks for the above comments I will have a small powerhead spare from my salt tank, will try it in the fresh tank. I have got the lights on for 11hours so that sounds about right.

Picking up my ordered plants tomorrow :D

Fay,

I think it depends on how big your tank is. Sometimes water movement can help ensure that som eplants don't get algea, but it is also heavily dependant on the nutirents in the tank.

Why don't you try it an see how you go...

I have my lights on for 9 hours a day. Plants still grow well....

Hope this helps you.

Blueram

hmmm........i was under the impression that plants breath Co2? if so then you would need a certain amount oif water movement to alow the water to oxygenate or consume Co2 and then relise oxygen into the water??

please correct me if i am wrong but i find that in my big tank the more water movement the faster they grow?? also i think thats why you put a Co2 thingy into ur tank becuase there isnt enough Co2 goign into the tank for the plants??

Shae 250

Did a water change, cleaned the filter changed the phosphate and zero bags and put in the little power head just a nice amount of flow, I've been using the DIY co2 for about 2 weeks now. Already for the ordered plants now :D