My Dwarf Gourami has just made a bubblenest!!!!!!!!

LisaC

and he might be guarding them (although he only made it this morning/afternoon) :bounce:

Unfortunately they are in my community tank. If they hatch, will they survive (with cardinals, chain loaches, siamese algae eater and a bristlenose)?

Could I transfer them at some point to another tank? Is there anything else I need to do?

Sorry for all the questions - the only thing I have bred in the past were guppies

Lisa

Can you see eggs in the bubble nest? kinda like tiny white specks between the bubbles. Otherwise he's just a happy fish :D my honey gourami make bubble nests every now and then, even with no female in there.

I thought I had a female - the dorsal fin is definitely different from the male's one

No white specs as yet

Unfortunately I was going to clean the tank tomorrow - I guess it will just have to wait!

He's just hanging out under it - I guess I will just have to keep an eye on them

Thanks so much

Lisa

Which gourami are you talking about?

Phoenix is refering to Colisa Lalia - there are three colour morphs for the males, classic blue and orange stripe, red or flame red and blue or neon blue or powder blue.

The dorsal on the male is usually longer and slightly pointed at the back than that of a female.

colisa-male-red-01.jpg

All females, regardless of parentage are silver grey like this:

colisa-female-03.jpg

Colisa chuna syn Colisa sota is sometimes referred to as Dwarf gourami, but often as Honey Dwarf gourami or Sunset grouami, and both male and female are yellow.