Severums

mac

Hey,

I have kept these for a while. Not that I wanted to. But a nut case just rang me up to come look at his fish and see if my fish club wants them. So went round to see them. Then he dumps them on me or he was going to place them in our local river. To which I gave him a good warning I would ring up fish and game strait away and get him fixed well and good. With that he said I need to take them. I was wanting to leave and give him a good bit of verbal abuse but his wife pleaded with me to take them. So I did.

Anyway I have ended up with a breeding pair. And so have changed my tanks around not to hard to do have what is it now 12. 10 at home a 2 spread around town. And more just waiting to set up when ever.

So now to get down to my questions. I have so far let them spawn. And just take the odd batch of fry. Right now I have 2 fry which are 1 inch. And 3 at 1 cm. So have to get rid of these so I can get a large batch. Will place on the swap sell section.

Now to the real question do they always eat their own fry? I have heard that they wont after so many spawns from a young age. But from what I can find out these fish are near 6 years of age. And had many many fry. And the other ones which I got with these pair were their fry from long ago.

Not that I care if they do. I happy they are. I dont want any fry at moment.

Cheers,

mac