New Tank setup - Need advice

DennisP

This is my new set up and I would like Advice on what to add. I would like to see it full of plants again, but want to keep it Amazon/south american themed.

I especially need to do something with the right side of the tank, looks very barren now. =[

I think, i may put the xmas moss on the wood, once it no longer floats, I really don't want to take it out untill it sinks.

The crypt on the right will come out, its just filling in space for now...

DSCF0112.jpg

Right side of tank.

DSCF0113.jpg

As you can see, its pretty dirty, I will do another water change today/tomorrow when it settles down.

Yeah, getting rid of Rasbora... - nowhere else to put them for now.

Thinking about selling the ghost knife... But I love him to much...

It is very adventurous its never hidden before, so it just needs to feel safer.

Umm, there are 3 baby/ 5 month old discus in there with them...

I'm more interested in what plants to put where. =P

I like swords... if its possible, "carpeted" area of swords... if you know what i mean...

ok.. so given your lights in the juwel (I'm assuming you have not changed them) this is what I would do.

Rear Wall from Left to Right -

Ludwigia repens, Hygro Difformis, Hygro Corymbosa stricta, Hygro Rosanvig, stargrass, Hygro Difformis.

Then in front of that in different layers, layered in front of and in between Driftwood -Ludwigia arcuata with some other swords.

Now swords are where it gets expensive. Try getting "Red Special" , Ozelot, "Rubra".

Then in front of that get sag. microfolia or another such carpeting plant, and plant it right up front where the glass is all the way from left to right.

experiment with cheaper plants like indian fern along the middle RHS of the tank as well.

Then use DIY CO2 and buy a diffuser off me :lol:

oh and i forgot to say i would change the substrate to daltons sand as well..

mate, if you can commit to buying those plants I can speak to someone i know in the animates chch and see if i can get the plants sent there for you to collect.

Pm me about the diffuser, i have plenty that just came in.