tell me about Rainbow Sharks

BikBok

I'm starting to think about what to put in my AR850 and am open to suggestions but would like to know about Rainbow Sharks..

* is 160L enough for them, or still too small? (just want one)

* can they get along OK with Kuhli loaches, guppy, female betta? I have looked online but got some differing compatibility results.

* what other fish could go with a rainbow shark... or the above mentioned fish

other ideas I'm tossing about are dwarf gourami and a handful of small schooling fish

Would welcome ideas and advice.. you guys rock!

Just got the tank today and letting it run a week before I transfer the fish over from my AR380 (with the AR380 media to help seed the new one) .

Some of you know I lost my handraised lutino cockatiel last weekend and it has been a devastating event for my family,

Setting up the new tank will be a nice distraction hence why I'm starting to plan it out now.. i need something else to think about to stop these darn tears that keep creeping up on me. We lost sunny as in she's gone .. nowhere to be found :-(

Don't worry , I won't be adding new fish all in a hurry .. just getting ideas and researching options at the moment.

I've got mine in a 100 litre tank. 160 sounds even better.

I've had mine with lots of different fish, never had much of a problem. He likes to sweep around the tank from time to time. He may have eaten a couple of female guppies, but if you get a little shark it probably won't bother the guppies.

I've had mine with dwarf gouramis before.

He may have eaten a couple of female guppies, but if you get a little shark it probably won't bother the guppies.

I've had mine with dwarf gouramis before.

I don't mind if he eats all the fry! would he bother the male guppy do you think?

What else should I know about sharks ... temp and pH seems OK to mix with my other fish.

Ours is in a AR850 with 3 YoYos, 2 angels, 2 Kribs and a CAE(which by all accounts is a nono) he gets on OK, he's the resident grumpy old bugger, and has a real dislike of the bigger Krib, who he chases whenever he can but she's a lot faster than him and it doesn't seem to upset her a lot. The CAE keeps him in his place if he gets too grumpy by chasing him right back. But generally it's a peaceful tank.

My suggestion would be to have plenty of caves and to put the rainbow in last, like several weeks last, to ensure that everyone has their own spot first so it doesn't become territorial.

i only put a few female guppies, not males. But mine mainly ignores the other fish in the tank.

mines awesome, i taught him to feed from my hand and now when my hand is in the tank he comes over to me and tries to feed off my hand. he's really gentle :D

My suggestion would be to have plenty of caves and to put the rainbow in last, like several weeks last, to ensure that everyone has their own spot first so it doesn't become territorial.

Oh , that's a very good consideration - and one I will definitely heed !

Hmm, so I'm thinking of a couple of dwarf gourami and then maybe a month later adding the shark.