Are these true triple reds?

redracer77

Tripple red cockatoos have red on dorsal anal and tail fin, most of the cockatoos that are around at the moment are the result of a guy in Levin who bred tanks of them they were tripple red (male) crossed with a wild type female (from Phill Collis) so not hybrids just 2 colour forms bred together. Some were very red/orange, some very plain it was just the nature of the cross, but it seemed the cross made them very hardy and prolific which is why they have survived so well. I have seen fry from 3 different pairs locally that have produced completely different fish mostly a dull orange colour on finage and not many with colour on all 3 fins so photos of parents probably wont happen. In a true tripple red the red colour on the fins would be obvious right from when they were sexable so should be shining out in the photos of the fish for sale.

I should also add that other importers have brought in "tripple reds" and I know hollywoods did recently (although I haven't seen photos or even heard what these are like) so it is possible we have others around just most of them look like they originated from Levin ways.