Fan heat light

DonnaM

Hi everyone, I've had some-one ask me about using a "Reptile one 35W fan heat light" for their baby turtle. Sounds like turtle has a bit of white shell and they were sold this 'new' product which blows warm air onto the basking area. Not sure how the light bit works...

Has anyone heard of it and know anything about it? Apparently the turtle has been basking much more since it went in as no doubt it likes the warmth. But I'm not sure about the 'fan' bit blowing air around so would be interested in anyones ideas, knowledge on these.

Ta :)

You can get them in different wattages but the only thing that varies I think is the wattage of the bulb. I use one to heat a cabinet I made but I wanted the heat at the bottom and the light at the top so I took the bulb out and ran the fan continuously over a heat emitter on a thermostat and put another light in the top. To get the bulb within about 300mm you are going to have a wind tunnel in my view so I don't use them as intended. I don't think the UV output is that high either.