Discus Genetics

Moya

Finally, a Discus spawn!

Parents are Snakeskin/leopard dad and Fuji red mum. (I think) Is anybody able to give me a reasonable idea of what colours I will get in the offspring. Or direct me to a site on which of the discus colours are dominant, recessive, or just in general how discus genetics operates in terms of colours? I understand that breeders would want to keep this kind of information on the down-low but I cant seem to find squat!

I believe that fuji red has pigeon blood in its make up which is a dominant trait, this would suggest a large percentage of pigeons in the offspring.

My fuji red definately looks to be that way.You could get all sorts from that cross, mainly peppered pigeons but not necessarily, there could be some clean,pigeon snakes,turks and snakeskins depending on the parents lineage.Maybe you could even get a spotted pigeon.Its really a box of chocolates with a cross like that.

try growing them out and see what you get but don't be afraid to cull the uglies

I have read that some breeders fuji red are golden base which would make that a good cross, but I don't believe the ones in NZ are