corydoras lifecycle and help

Whiskas

Hi all, just after some help.

I am doing a Certificate in Animal Science through the Southern Institute of Techonology and at the mo i am doing the ornamental fish ID and health assignment. As part of this assignment I need to choose a fish and describe its lifecylce breeding etc. So I chose the corydoras.

So what i need is:

- does anyone know of a good diagram of the corydoras lifecycle i could use

- any website that explains the reproductive behaviour (or any info that i could use). Found lots on HOW to breed them rather than their reporductive behaviour.

Really any links or bits out of books that you think might be useful would be appreciated. I have googled them but just those two things i havn't been able to find much on.

Thanks in advance :)

Studying them as ornimental fish rather then a wild species would mean your more interested in the breeding behavior in captivity rather then in the wild?. Mine spawn frequently, through observation Ive learnt little bits about their behavior, Im sure if I were looking at the event as research Id learn alot more.

If you dont have some already I reckon get 6 or more, feed em well for a week at nights and get up and watch them on the change of light, mine start about an hour before sunrise and usually spawn for about 4 hours, so plenty of time so observe. Its quite fun to watch, last time mines spawned the female stuck her eggs on my pleco's head, he didnt seem to mind lol