Some pictures of my 2010 Breeding Stock

Jfishfanatic

fantastic to see jono - I knew there were some beauties over there and I know you have great success breeding them.

I know this is your thread but heres a few for you to look at -

breedingmalehmpk.jpg

newestmustardgashmpk.jpg

malemustardgas20feb2.jpg

mustardgasmale20feb.jpg

replacementpurppic.jpg

The first two are some of your males, the others are their resulting spawn crossed with the yellow mustard gas female. I still have her and the first male pictured and will probably spawn them next week - just have to find out where I can put another tank up. Might have to come inside with this one as the shed is chocker :oops:

Thanks Adrienne,

good to see that they produced good offspring. :bounce: Did you get any like the father (1st pic)?

Not as yet but a couple are looking very promising. They are still not huge but the parents are about 5cm+. These are still quite small but they are very stroppy and god help me if two males get in together. They show what the word fighters really means

Awesome Jono where did you find the Red Ct have how is the betta colony in oz is their more of a variety than good old nz

Got most of my stock from Brisbane (including the CT). http://www.fishchick.com/

The few shops I have been to have simliar stock to NZ; VT & CT. Most don't stock HM although they will order them in for you. The main differance is the ability to import fighters, mainly from Thailand. This gives the opportunity to buy most of the Siamese fighters for sale on Aquabid.com .

These are still quite small but they are very stroppy and god help me if two males get in together. They show what the word fighters really means.

Then you will get HTPK (half tail plakat) :oops: