Does anyone else have an Eheim pickup?

Sophia

Was a newbie when I bought mine, have been fiddling about with it just now.

It's a 2010 model and my tank is 60cm long x 30x33ish.

Now I'm less of newbie I wonder if it's too big but of course the shop assistant said I could never have too much filtration... :oops:

It was on the oxygen aerating setting with the top bit fully pushed in, then I discovered if I pull that out there are no bubbles but the tank gets very swirly! What does anyone else do? I'm keeping mine on less swirly, the other way seems too fast moving.

Was a newbie when I bought mine, have been fiddling about with it just now.

It's a 2010 model and my tank is 60cm long x 30x33ish.

Now I'm less of newbie I wonder if it's too big but of course the shop assistant said I could never have too much filtration... :oops:

It was on the oxygen aerating setting with the top bit fully pushed in, then I discovered if I pull that out there are no bubbles but the tank gets very swirly! What does anyone else do? I'm keeping mine on less swirly, the other way seems too fast moving.

They are adjustable as to the amount of flow? if you dont want bubbles, just remove the pipe with the venturi valve. if you want good flow, but not a whirlpool, try turning the output nozzle so it pumps straight into the tank wall.

hope this helps.

I have one of these for my hospital tank. I just keep the sponge in one of my canisters and if I ever need to hospitalise or quarantine fish I have a new sponge in there all cycled and ready to go. Those filters have a LOT of grunt. I found it worked just as well as a medium sized canister filter in terms of flow, but they don't have much room for extra media so you can't stock very high unless you get better media, like Eheim Pro for example. It is possible to cut back the sponge a little so that you can squeeze some other media in there.

Anyway, I believe in keeping the flow as high as you can without the fish getting too stressed. If you provide lots of space between plants and logs the fish can hide if needed if they need a break from the flow. You can add more or less bubbles by adjusting the intake tube at the top (or even remove it if you have enough surface agitation from the filter itself.

Just my opinion tho... :wink: